The Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE Local 3902, Unit 5) represents those employed as postdoctoral fellows at the University of Toronto.
Please note that there are postdoctoral fellows who are not covered by CUPE Local 3902, Unit 5. Members of this group have applied for their own funding and therefore are not employees but independent academic trainees. Information for academic trainees can be found on the School of Graduate Studies website.
Both employees and academic trainees are covered by the Policies for Postdoctoral Fellows and the Administrative Procedures for Engagement of Postdoctoral Fellows, which are found on the Office of the Vice-President & Provost website.
If you have any questions regarding postdoctoral fellows, including whether an individual is included or excluded from the bargaining unit, please contact:
School of Graduate Studies
Labour Relations Specialist
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- CUPE Local 3902 (Unit 5): Vacations & Leaves
- CUPE Local 3902 (Unit 5): Schedule of Benefits
- CUPE Local 3902 (Unit 5): Other Available Benefits
- CUPE Local 3902 (Unit 5): Health Benefit Plan
- CUPE Local 3902 (Unit 5): Eligibility
- CUPE Local 3902 (Unit 5): Dental Benefit Plan